Phantasy Star Universe... Online!
So after a long wait (five and a half years...) the true sequel to Dreamcast's best time suck is upon us, and Phantasy Star Universe (PSU) makes PSO look like crap! Okay, maybe not. It's too early to tell. PSU has the same PSO feel we all love, but at the same time doesn't feel exactly the same. Really it's just another Diablo clone, that for some reason I always enjoyed playing.
The point of this post is to tell you that you need this game. Relive the glory days of the Dreamcast on your PC (or PS2). Just don't get the Xbox 360 version or else you can't play with me (or Hybrid or ConnDestn). And so what would the point of playing be?
Head over to our forum for the latest PSU news... and pictures/screenshots! That's me, Phratellee.
I will say this, once I got the damn thing to work correctly on my PC (and it wasn't running in slow-mo on my 6800GT...), I've enjoyed it for the most part so far. There are a few annoying things though. It's clearly a PlayStation 2 port so it lacks the polish I like to see in a game. (Ever hear of Anti-Aliasing Sega? Or even a mouse? Sheesh!) So here are a few reasons why PSO Ep. III is still better than PSU:
1) No more photon chairs in PSU! What a rip.
2) No jukebox to dance to. What's the point of even having a dance animation then?
3) You can't create custom symbol chat thingys anymore, which means no Ignignokt flipping the bird.
4) You need a Guardian's License to play online now. For some reason when they used to call it a Hunter's License I didn't feel quite as ripped off.
5) No tables to sit down at and play cards...